Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Knocking on wood is a necessity....

So....it's been a pretty uneventful week with my broken toe...but it is feeling well enough to walk on now, as long as it's well supported. Kissy, however, has begun limping again. She's had such a great 6 weeks or so....and now a few days of limping and soreness. So she's back to bute twice a day, and me wondering what the future will hold. This roller coaster is so tough. I believe I'll spend my free time the next few days researching those steroid shots, and if I need to try one earlier than winter, I will, just to see if it works for her. That way, if by chance I do need to say goodbye to her, I can do so before winter hits. I don't like to think that way...but I've BEEN thinking that way for the last 5 months or so, preparing myself, just in case.

I have also thought about Blue, our other "big" horse, who's very bonded with Kissy...and what she would do with Kissy gone. I know. She'd freak, for awhile. But, I have a friend's horse coming over in August...hoping he will get along with Blue (it's not Blue I'm worried about, it's his personality, really). If things eventually work out, and we need to let Kissy go, it will work out the best all around. She'll have a safe place to keep her horse, and Blue will have a buddy. She doesn't consider the minis her buddies. She turns her nose at them. Eventually I would like to buy another horse, not to replace Kissy, but a horse I've wanted for a few years now, but I'm not ready for that right now. And, I need to see Kissy off to her next good place first, whenever that happens. I included a pic of her bad knee, where you can see the lump on it, and one of her x-ray photos, where you can see the lump on the x-ray, and the degeneration of the joint inside.

0 comments: