Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blue

Blue is a 16 hand, 10 year old grulla Quarter Horse. She is registered with AQHA, and also the International Buckskin Horse Association, and the National Foundation Quarter Horse Association. My husband surprised me with Blue's purchase when she was a year and a half old, in 1999, after I had spent several months drooling over her. Blue has had three foals, all three of them grullas. Two fillies and a colt. They reside in Oklahoma, Wisconsin and South Dakota. Besides being a mom, Blue has just been ridden at home on the trails, although the past two years she has participated at the Midwest Horse Fair in Madison, WI on the volunteer mounted patrol. For a horse who hasn't spent a whole lot of time off the farm, she has done extremely well! I would like to breed blue again someday, maybe in the next year or two, whenever the time seems right, and I find the right match for her. She has had three beautiful foals, and the next one would definitely be my keeper. She is an excellent mom, and I have no doubt her next foal will turn heads like the last ones have.
But I want to wait for the right time, so I can be sure I can have all the time in the world to raise the foal the way I want it raised. So Blue is currently our second longest resident here, she's been with us for just about 9 years. And she's just as special today as she was the day she came.



0 comments: